Maths at DESS
At DESS we …
- provide a relevant, challenging and enjoyable curriculum for all our pupils;
- deliver the requirements of the English National Curriculum;
- encourage children to describe, illustrate, interpret, predict and explain;
- link other topics to maths, helping children with their application of maths to every day scenarios;
- show pupils the fascination of mathematics and promote ways of doing mathematics which harness their imagination, initiative and flexibility of mind;
- encourage pupils to work systematically and independently.
We have provided the following resources for parents to access in relation to our Maths Curriculum.
Number Square (Odd/Even)
Maths Calculation Policy 2015
We have held Maths Workshops, the presentation documents can be accessed here :
Y1 and Y2 Maths Workshop Autumn 2016
Y3 and Y4 Maths Workshop Autumn 2016
Y5 and Y6 Maths Workshop Autumn 2016